Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How To Keep Mineral Makeup Stay Put On Your Skin


Mineral makeup’s just my saving grace - everything I needed to cover, and hide, I successfully do so, without even being noticeable during my bad skin days. One challenge though, is making it stay put. This is a totally different thing from avoiding mineral makeup brands that have very poor staying power. There are really good mineral makeup brands that work well with normal skin, but somehow slide off with oily, or acidic skin. With my highly complicated skin, it’s been a challenge to make everything stay. I’ve tried really excellent mineral makeup brands, and some of them have really impressive staying power. I’ve also tried nice mineral makeup brands that needed more effort to make them stay, and makes it all worth it because of the impressive finish they give me. Well, if you are just like me, here are some tips to make mineral makeup, especially foundation, stay on your skin!
1. Moisturize : Okay, this first step is crucial to your skin! If your skin is dry, minerals won’t be able to hold on to your skin so it is a must to apply moisturizer and let it sink in for a few minutes. I got this analogy from applying mineral eyeshadow technique - you need cream concealer or some primer to make the minerals hold on to your lids - usually thin skin with dry areas.
If you’re the oily skin type, and absolutely hate moisturizers, you can do away with moisture mists. I use Nu Skin Moisture Mist - with hyaluronic acid which draws moisture to the skin.
2. Prime : Primers create the perfect skin base. An uneven surface of the skin would not make light reflect,and would make it look not too luminous-smooth. That’s where primers do their job primarily, specially silicone-based ones. I know silicone is not totally a mineral, and is a cosmetic derivative, but I really like it because it can make pores extremely nonexistent, make crater scars a little bit less noticed,and help makeup last longer. Applying a thin layer on the face, and let it sink in. Those who are allergic or whose skin do not react well with silicone can make do with primers without it, or even loose mineral based primers that have ingredients that blur out pores and imperfections. Most of all, it makes makeup stay longer!
My forever HG primer is Pure Luxe’s Cream Eraser, followed with Powder Eraser. Cream Eraser makes my skin more even and smooth, while powder eraser blurs out my pores and softens harsh features such as scars. They also have oil-control properties ( esp. the powder one ). It also makes my makeup stay long!

No comments:

Post a Comment